Businesses are responsible for promoting good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
As Devon’s leading independently owned parcel delivery company, we are committed to excellence in our effort to protect and minimise the impact of its activities on the environment.
We regard such effort and effective action in this important domain as the responsibility of all company employees.
Our policy is to:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially when they are non-renewable.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environment policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environment Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.